Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Are you drawn to working with metal and find yourself picturing how things are made and what you would do differently? An Engineering Traineeship could be what you are looking for.
Undertaking this 12-month traineeship will give you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and earn your Certificate II in Engineering.
You will learn the ins and outs of the production and assembly of urban furniture, which include the use of a variety of hand and power tools, grinding riveting, timber staining.
This position is located in Glendenning where you will be hosted with a family-owned company that provides the market with a wide range of car park, facilities safety, pedestrian products and street furniture.
THE BEST BITS
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Obtain forklift licence 6 months into the traineeship
- Opportunity to be taken on permanently post traineeship
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Our ideal candidate will be a motivated and focused individual with a willingness to learn and who is committed to developing their career within the engineering industry. You will have excellent attention to detail and have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Engineering Trainee.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/