- Global company that provides cutting edge products to a range of industries
- Fantastic school-based opportunity
- Kick start your engineering career
This opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate II in Engineering with a first class engineering business whilst completing your HSC. Each week you will complete one day of on-the-job work experience while working with a supportive team. You will also work full-time hours during school holidays.
Your role will see you assisting and working with tradesmen to learn all aspects of the engineering trade including CNC machining, assembling components, operating milling machinery, welding and light fabrication. You will be dealing with components for the mining industry such as drill bits, drive adaptors and bottling equipment.
Based in Cardiff, we encourage local candidates to apply.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a superstar school student who wants to kick-start their career in the engineering industry. To be successful, we are looking for the following requirements:
- Be a school student enrolling in Year 11 in 2019 and committed to completing your HSC;
- Reliable transport to get to and from Cardiff;
- Strong comprehension of English and Mathematics;
- Be hardworking with a positive attitude;
- Have a strong desire to learn the engineering trade;
- Be dedicated to following all WHS policies and procedures; and
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based training modules.
Our premier host employer is Newcastle-based and services a wide range of industries including mining and mineral, aerospace and defence, medical and energy. You’ll get the opportunity to learn from an industry leader in engineering, precision machining, casting and forging, welding and fabrication, assemblies and finishing and quality assurance.
Please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.