We are currently seeking expressions of interest from candidates who are interested in commencing a Mechanical Fitter & Turner Apprenticeship in Western Sydney.
Throughout this four-year apprenticeship, you will utilise a range of tools, test and identify faulty components, fabricate parts, and use precision measuring instruments to ensure accuracy and fit. Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritise under pressure, and effective communication with machine operators will be crucial for success.
By undertaking this apprenticeship, you will earn your MEM30219 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade and establish a solid foundation for a rewarding career as a qualified Mechanical Fitter and Turner, all while working with respected industry brands.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- A passion for a career in Mechanical Fitting
- Excellent communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Completed a pre-apprenticeship or have had some hands-on experience would be highly regarded, but not essential
- Current driver's licence
- White Card
- Ability to successfully pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Check, and a Police Clearance
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Full time 4-year contract including paid annual and personal leave
- Competitive remuneration package + superannuation
- Paid weekly
- Opportunity to access Government subsidy payments of up to a total of $5000 for the first 2 years of your apprenticeship paid in 6 monthly instalments
- Access to 1:1 mentoring
At MIGAS, diversity is more than a pledge; it is the foundation of what we do. We are committed to equality and celebrate diversity in all areas, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and Women in Trades. MIGAS promotes a diverse working culture in which everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees has been operating in Australia since 1988 and has a long history of providing quality employment options.
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.