- Fitter and Turner with a Fitter Machinist specialisation, working with state of the art CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) machining equipment;
- Long term career opportunities for a perfectionist looking for a details driven trade; and
- An on-the-job training environment working with dedicated master craftsmen.
This is more than just a Fitter and Turner apprenticeship. This is an opportunity to work with state of the art CNC equipment and learn all that there is to know about machining cast components
We are looking for an individual who is keen to work with a range of cutting edge technologies. On a day to day basis you will be mentored by seasoned industry professionals and have an opportunity to work alongside like-minded people and become trade qualified through a blend of practical on the job training and college coursework and achieve a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (MEM30205).
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for candidates who are driven and able to work as part of an integrated team who are able to take direction. This position may also suit someone who has been working in the industry and has been wanting to secure an apprenticeship. To be successful in your application for this role, you must have the following attributes:
- Interested in practical and mechanical work;
- Aptitude for mathematics;
- A willingness to learn and develop strong health, safety and environment values and principles;
- Have drivers licence and own transport
- Excellent communication skills
Established in 1923, the company is Australian owned and dedicated to delivering innovative, reliable and dependable pumping solutions to the Australian and worldwide market. This commitment and experience spanning over 90 years has built an enviable reputation for manufacturing rugged, dependable & easily maintained pump systems.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position. Please note that award wages apply for this role.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.