Are you fascinated by how mechanical components and machinery are put together? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things apart and like to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for fitting and love working with your hands, becoming a Fitter and Turner Apprentice could be for you.
Undertaking this four-year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Fitter and Turner and earn your Certificate III in Mechanical Engineering (Fitter and Turner).
This position is located in Eagle Farm in Brisbane where you will be hosted with a Power Transmission Company that has a proven track record in delivering transmission technology products for over 100 years to a large array of equipment such as trucks, tractors, boats and turbines.
A DAY IN THE LIFE LOOKS LIKE:
- Perform mechanical repairs in the workshop under supervision from the Workshop Manager/ Supervisors
- Servicing, inspecting and preventative maintenance checks on a variety of equipment
- Ensure a safe and tidy workspace at all times
- Fitting components and materials to an array of equipment
- Major refit and repairs
- Overhaul of power transmissions
- Assisting with transmission testing
- Oxy welding process
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government
- We pay you to learn – Gain valuable hands-on training and experience
- Assigned MIGAS mentor who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE to ensure you are job ready and site compliant
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Work experience in a Mechanical setting and/or Certificate II in Automotive/Engineering or similar
- Drive and motivation to complete an apprenticeship
- Commitment to undertake study/coursework
- Ability to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol test
- Computer literate and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
After successfully completing, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification and become a highly sought-after tradesperson.
If you believe this opportunity is for you – apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to be a Fitter and Turner and outline any relevant experience to the job.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/