Are you fascinated about how things are put together or ever wondered how different machines work? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things apart and like to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Fitting and Turning Apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking this four-year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Fitter and Turner and earn your Certificate III in Mechanical Engineering (Fitter and Turner).
This position is located in Bayswater, VIC where you will be hosted with a well-renowned company that supplies medium to large hydraulic equipment for a wide variety of industries nationally.
A DAY IN THE LIFE LOOKS LIKE:
- Service, repair and maintain hydraulic cylinders, manifolds, pumps and motors
- Operate and adjust metalworking machines – mills, lathes, borers, grinding machines
- Strip, measure, inspect and report on components
- Cylinder testing and assembling
- Clean and prepare components
- Ensure a safe and tidy workspace at all times
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government
- We pay you to learn – Gain valuable hands-on training and experience
- Assigned MIGAS mentor who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE to ensure you are job ready and site compliant
After successfully completing, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification and become a highly sought-after tradesperson.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
- Drive and motivation to complete an apprenticeship
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Commitment to undertake study/coursework
- Ability to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol test
- Computer literate and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
If you believe this opportunity is for you – apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to be a Fitter and Turner and outline any relevant experience to the job.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – take a look at some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.