Are you fascinated about how things are put together or ever wanted how different machines work? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things a part like to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Fitter Machinist apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified in Fitter Machinist and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
You will develop the skills to examine and evaluate drawings and specification for requirements, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and refurbishment.
This position is located in Wetherill Park and you will be hosted with a Global leader in the fluid power, delivering the most comprehensive suite of fluid power products and services in Australia.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for committed and motivated applicants who have a genuine interest in starting a long-term trade career within the mechanical engineering industry. The person we're looking for enjoys hard work, adaptable and willing to work in a fast paced environment. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and have a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field.
- Have completed a minimum of Year 10 schooling
- Have strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrate safety awareness and maturity in an industrial environment
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Fitter Machinist Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/