Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again? Do you want the chance to change from working on your car to working on larger machinery? Becoming a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic could be for you!
Undertaking this four-year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
This position is located in Laverton North, VIC. You will be hosted with a large national cold logistics business providing refrigerated road and rail line haul, local refrigerated distribution and cold store warehousing.
A DAY IN THE LIFE CONSISTS OF:
- Repair, service and maintain a fleet of over 500 heavy vehicles
- Variety of work from replacing cracked headlights through to works on transmissions, engines and suspension systems
- Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems
- Inspect and service hydraulic systems
- Carry out manual metal arc welding on components
- Remove, inspect, repair and refit heavy vehicle tyres and tubes
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to step into a busy industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We pay you to learn – Gain valuable experience working alongside skilled tradespeople
- Assigned MIGAS Field Officer to support and guide you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE to ensure you are job ready
- Own reliable transport and manual driver's licence
- Mechanical aptitude and genuine interest in the mechanical trade
- Willing and eager attitude to learn
- Commitment to a long term apprenticeship
If you enjoy pulling apart motors, working with cars and equipment and you think this position is well suited to you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why this job is for you.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/