Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again; or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Did you have a knack for welding and metalwork during school; or maybe you like spending your free time building and creating projects with your hands? If you think you’re up for a challenge and a job with variety, then becoming a Heavy Body Builder apprentice could be what you’re after!
Undertaking this Four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified in Heavy Body building and earn your Certificate III Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Bus/Truck/Trailer.
You will develop the skills to build purpose-built truck bodies and also service and repair trucks and trailers.
This position is located in Smeaton Grange and you will be hosted with a company that consist of a complementary mix of activities centered on the broad needs of road transport operators. They include manufacture of leading trailer brands, supply and distribution of parts, provision of service and repair support, manufacture of urethane foam and body panels and the sales and finance of new and used trailing equipment
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work and mechanical aptitude. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and have a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field.
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th years welcome to apply
- Reliable transport to and from work
- Have strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Pass a pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol test
- Demonstrate safety awareness and maturity in an industrial environment
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Heavy Body Builder apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/