Ever wanted to work on BIG trucks? If you think you’re up for a challenge and a job with variety, then becoming a Heavy Vehicle Body Builder apprentice could be what you’re after!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become qualified in Heavy Vehicle Body Building and earn your Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Bus, Truck and Trailer.
You will learn from industry experts how to craft, fit, mould and assemble all the parts required for heavy vehicle body kits. You'll develop skills in:
- Interpreting drawings, specifications and engineering plans
- Fabricating sections and components from sheet metal, pipes, wood, fibreglass and other materials
- Welding, screwing, riveting and bolting components together to form finished products
- Cutting, shaping and grinding sheet metal and plastic to create panels
This position is located in Wetherill Park where you will be hosted with a leading Australian manufacturer of quality tipper and trailer equipment from semi-trailers and dog trailers through to rigid bodies and B-doubles.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work and mechanical aptitude. Most of all you will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and has a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field.
- P1 + driver's licence
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Heavy Vehicle Body Builder apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter-that-gets-noticed/