Are you an out of trade apprentice looking to get back on the tools? Or are you a current apprentice looking to work on a wide-spread of vehicle types? Diversify your skillset with this Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprenticeship and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR31116).
In this role, you will learn the ins and outs of servicing various types of vehicles – from 4x4 to heavy commercial vehicles. Not only will you be working on servicing, but also developing skills to repair mechanical parts, engines and transmission, clutch, gear box and suspension systems.
This position is located in Yatala and you will be hosted with our client who has the largest purpose-built fleet servicing workshop in Queensland. They provides a complete mechanical service including electrical, air conditioning and upholstery.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will finish your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- The opportunity to work overtime on occasion with this employer!
- Paid at Award Wage!
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are searching for a mechanically-minded individual, who loves working on a wide range of vehicles and pulling things apart. You will be a problem-solver and trouble-shooter, and be able to think on your feet and provide solutions to problems.
- Be a current or past apprentice, 2nd or 3rd year
- Year 12 Completion
- Driver’s license, preferably HV licence but definitely manual
- Genuine interest in continuing their career within the automotive trade
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best fit for this Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprenticeship!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/