- Professional and well respected workshop in Willawong
- Working with various types of heavy vehicles
- Fast paced environment ideal for driven apprentice to push their training limits
Partnered with our client, we are looking for a 3rd or 4th year mechanically-minded Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice who is available for an immediate start. For the remainder of your apprenticeship, you will be completing your theory coursework and working towards a Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology - QLD (AUR31116).
You will be responsible for a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
- Working on heavy long haul trucks, light trucks and specialist equipment
- Carrying out diagnostic procedures
- Carry out repairs to single electrical circuits
- Remove and instal engine assemblies
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude who enjoys practical and physical work, and who has excellent attention to detail. You will have strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge, and be able to follow directions.
In addition to these qualities, you will possess the following requirements:
- A valid drivers licence with reliable transport
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Be ready to take on challenging physical work in a demanding environment
- Have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks
- Be able to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday
- Pride yourself on being on time, every time
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of an Apprenticeship
Our client is Australia’s largest privately owned logistics company that is rapidly expanding throughout Asia and New Zealand. They are an iconic Australian family who work with the world’s largest natural resources company, the world’s two largest consumer goods companies and one of the world’s largest retailers.
Please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job