Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again, or have you ever wanted to switch from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will be working alongside experienced tradesmen assisting in the repair and servicing of road transport vehicles for the waste industry. Your various duties will include working on:
- Clutch assemblies
- Cooling systems
- Fuel systems
- Brakes and suspension units
This position is in a workshop in Rocklea where you will be hosted with a highly respected company that provides environmental solutions across Australia and New Zealand.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are looking for a mechanically minded individual who has good problem-solving skills, a passion to work in the industry and good communication skills. If you have gained a Certificate II in Automotive Technology or have some experience working on vehicles we would be keen to hear from you.
- Driver’s licence and own car
- Reliability and punctuality
- Strong attention to detail
- Good safety awareness
- Ability to pass a Medical and Drub and Alcohol Screen
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.