Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again; or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this Four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will learn develop the skills to repair, service and maintain a fleet of 500 heavy vehicles. This extremely varied role will see you performing tasks from replacing a cracked head light through to transmission, engine and suspension work.
This position is located in Erskine Park and you will be hosted with a national market leader in the field of refrigerated logistics, with clients including major grocery stores, industrial manufacturers and exporters.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Basic tool kit after commencement
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Mechanically minded individuals with a passion for working on vehicles. You must have a mature attitude, be switched on and willing to work in a busy workshop with a diverse range of team members.
- Driver’s license, preferably manual or willing to work towards getting a manual licence
- Pass Pre-employment medical/ Drug and Alcohol
- Pass a Police check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Heavy Vehicle Diesel Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/