Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again, or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will develop the skills to repair, service and maintain a fleet of 500 heavy vehicles. This extremely varied role will see you performing tasks from replacing a cracked headlight through to transmission, engine and suspension work.
This position is located in Direk where you will be hosted with a national industry leader in the Logistics field.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Mechanically minded individuals with a passion for working on vehicles. You must have a mature attitude, be switched on, and willing to work in a busy workshop with a diverse range of team members.
We also welcome current 2nd or 3rd year applications.
- Driver’s licence, preferably manual
- Undertake and pass pre-employment medical, Drug and Alcohol screen and Police check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great heavy vehicle mechanic!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/