Are you currently a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprentice who would like to continue your apprenticeship with a transnational company that focusses on water, waste and energy management and services?! Would you like to gain further exposure to the possibilities of your trade by working with a trusted company within the Resources sector, while working alongside of and learning from highly skilled tradespeople?! Well If you think you’re up for a challenge, then continuing your Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship with this company, could be what you’re after!
Continuing your 2nd or 3rd year of your four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Cert III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will learn the overhaul, service and repair the mechanical parts of road transport vehicles, such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gear box and differential) and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres). As well as fault find and carry out diagnosis procedures. This position is located in Rocklea and you will be hosted with a transnational resources company.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
If you are a successful 2nd or 3rd year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprentice looking to continue their apprenticeship with a company that will provide you with a large and varied skill set, as well as being a part of somewhere with a focus on its people and their safety, then this is the role for you !
- Driver’s licence (Manual)
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/