Do you have a passion for Science and learning about new technology? Are you looking for a challenge? Would you enjoy working in a world class laboratory environment? Then this opportunity to work as a Laboratory Assistant Trainee might be just for you !
Undertaking this two-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to gain a Cert III in Laboratory Skills
You will learn the ins and outs of Sample sorting, express registration and preparation, analysis of routine samples, Equipment Maintenance and use of tools such as Spectrometers, Particle Quantifiers and Viscometers.
This position is located in Archerfield and you will be hosted with a well-respected company with the fields of technology solutions, parts and service support.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a motivated candidate who has a passion for science and new technology and you are serious about securing a role in a world class laboratory.
In addition to this, you will :
- Have a genuine interest in pursuing a long term career within a laboratory environment ;
- Have adept problem-solving skills and a sound ability to work autonomously;
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical with drug screening.
- Have reliable transport and Driver’s licence
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to this role
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/