Do you have a passion for science and learning about new technology? Would you enjoy working in a world-class laboratory environment? Then this opportunity to work as a Laboratory Assistant Trainee might be just for you!
Undertaking this two-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Laboratory Assistant whilst completing your Certificate III in Laboratory Skills.
You will develop the skills to collect samples, unpack and sort samples, and assign label numbers appropriately. You will also have to correlate data, complete laboratory studies and complete general equipment maintenance. You will learn a variety of valuable skills to become a successful Laboratory Assistant.
This position is located in Brisbane’s south at Archerfield where you will be hosted with a well-respected company within the fields of technology solutions, parts and service support.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for someone who is goal oriented, has the ability to cope with time pressures, and takes a personal commitment to adhering to all safety aspects within the lab. We are wanting someone who can fit in with the team to maximise results, has a high level of attention to details, and can meet KPI's and deadlines.
Someone who can work a fortnightly rotation that can have varied start times between 7AM and 9AM.
- Year 12 Certificate
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing and a police check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Laboratory Assistant!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter-that-gets-noticed/