Are you fascinated about how things are put together or ever wanted how different machines work? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things apart to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Mechanical Fitting Apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mechanical Fitter and earn your Certificate III in Engineering.
You will develop the skills to examine and evaluate drawings and specifications for requirements, operate and adjust metalworking machinery, repair and maintain hydraulic cylinders, and use oxy set equipment all while working in a workshop environment with experienced tradespersons.
Our client is a well-respected company located at Perth Airport. They specialise in Hydraulic Services, delivering the most comprehensive suite of fluid power products and services in Australia.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The person we're looking for enjoys hard work, is adaptable and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and have a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field. Applicants who have completed a pre-apprenticeship will be highly regarded.
- Driver's Licence and own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good safety awareness
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and Drug and Alcohol screen
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Mechanical Fitter Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.