- Earn while you complete a 4-year apprenticeship
- Learn and work alongside qualified tradespeople
- Earning potential of an experienced Mechanical Fitter is between $80,000 - $110,000+ per year
Partnered with our client, we are looking for a self-motivator to their engineering career. Working full-time Monday to Friday, you will be mentored by industry professionals whilst working as a Mechanical Fitter. The duration of the apprenticeship is 48 months; in which you will complete your Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for assisting with installation, maintenance repair, rebuilding and modification of pumps, pumps systems and controls.
Mechanical fitters use a range of tools and engineering techniques to maintain and repair mechanical plant machinery and equipment to operational standards. Work includes the identification of defective or worn mechanical components or equipment, repair/replacement of worn/faulty components or equipment, and modifications. Parts may be repaired or manufactured using the general application of workshop machines.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have a high level of motivation and a passion for hands-on, mechanical tasks. You will be someone who enjoys the experience of getting to start a project from nothing but plans and then seeing the end result and knowing that they helped create it. You will also have the ability to understand and follow directions but still be confident to ask questions as needed.
To be successful, you will possess the following:
- Current driver’s licence; with reliable transport (preferred)
- Have completed Year 12
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- A strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable and punctual
- A good level of physical fitness
- Commitment to attending TAFE and passing all practical and theory-based training requirements of an apprenticeship
- Pass a pre-employment medical and Drug and Alcohol screen
Based in Seven Hills, our client is one of Australia’s leading pump companies providing pump solutions to end users, resellers, consultants and OEMs for almost 50 years. Servicing a wide range of industries including mining, utilities, municipal, industrial and agriculture.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades. At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.