Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship
Our client City Hydraulics Inner West is a hydraulic and engineering company located in Wetherill Park. They specialise in the repair and manufacture of hydraulic cylinders are looking for a Mechanical Fitter Apprentice to join the team.
You will develop skills in a number of different disciplines in this role including maintenance, machining and welding while working on hydraulic cylinders. You will learn to rebuild and reassemble hydraulic cylinders and use oxy set equipment, all while working in a workshop environment with experienced tradespeople.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mechanical Fitter and earn your MEM30219 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
- Full time 4-year contract including paid annual and personal leave
- MEM30219 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- Paid weekly
- Access to 1:1 mentoring
- The chance to learn from experienced tradespeople
- Opportunity to access Government subsidy payments of up to a total of $5000 for the first 2 years of your apprenticeship paid in 6 monthly instalments
The person we're looking for enjoys hard work, is adaptable and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and has a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field.
- Willingness to learn in the industry and follow instructions
- Reliable and presentable
- Adaptable and flexible
- Work well with others
- Mechanical aptitude and computer literate
- Driver’s licence
- White Card
- Ability to pass a Pre-Employment Medical, Drug and Alcohol screen and Police Check
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen with an eligible work visa.
MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees has been providing quality Australian Apprenticeship recruitment and employment services since 1988.
At MIGAS, diversity is more than a pledge; it is the foundation of what we do. We are committed to equality and celebrate diversity in all areas, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and Women in Trades. MIGAS promotes a diverse working culture in which everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.