Are you fascinated about how machines and equipment are put together? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things a part to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Mechanical Fitter Apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking this 12 month School-based Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to start your career to becoming a Mechanical Fitter and will have you on your way to gaining your Cert III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Fitter and Turner).
You will learn the ins and outs of a first year apprentice by assisting with such things as fault finding, component change outs, general maintenance & repair to large Minesite machinery and equipment.
This position is located in Middlemount and you will be hosted with a well-known, global Mining company.
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government
- We pay you to learn - How many of your mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor - Who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE - To ensure you are job ready when you start with MIGAS
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- Currently attending high school
- Reside within the Middlemount region
- Demonstrates positivity and willingness to work in a team
- Keen interest in mechanics and machinery
- Committed attitude towards undertaking a school-based apprenticeship with a genuine desire to take up the challenge that comes with this trade
- High level of safety awareness
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Be committed and dedicated to completing this school based apprenticeship
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: