Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Are you drawn to working with metal and find yourself picturing how things are made and what you would do differently? Becoming a Sheet Metal apprentice could be what you are looking for!
Undertaking this four-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to become qualified in sheet metal fabrication and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
You will learn the ins and outs of welding and fabrication within a large workshop, you will hone your skills on exciting projects, and be trained to the highest standard in the use of all fabrication techniques, welding and thermal cutting equipment.
This position is located in Currum Downs and you will be hosted with a stainless steel specialist fabrication company that serves clients across the food, dairy, pharmaceutical, shop fitting & construction industries.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship;
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS; and
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for committed and motivated applicants who have a genuine interest in starting a long-term trade career within the metal and engineering industry. You will be ready to take on challenging physical work in a sometimes demanding environment and have a ‘safety first’ attitude.
- Have strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Pass a pre-employment medical
- Driver's licence
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best Sheet Metal fabrication Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/