- Arndell Park location
- New and continuing apprentices welcome to apply
- Achieve a nationally recognised Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
Specialising in the maintenance, part replacement, building and servicing of mobile plant and equipment such as truck cranes, rough terrain cranes, telescopic trawler and more. At the completion of the Apprenticeship, you will complete the Nationally Accredited qualification - Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology (AUR31216).
On a day to day basis, your main responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical maintenance
- Repairs, services and minor upgrades
- Pre-deliveries on new cranes and spare parts
- Local customisation
- Re-fuelling and oil changes for mobile plant machinery
- Cleaning of the workshop and assisting tradesman when necessary
Who we’re looking for:
The person we’re looking for enjoys hard work, is good with power tools and has some basic servicing experience such as; filter and oil changes, as well as an interest in mechanics and seeing how things work. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress. In addition to this the ideal candidate will have:
- Current drivers licence
- Access to your own reliable transport to from sites
- Possess strong mathematical aptitude with a minimum of Year 10 completion
- Comfortable working at heights and in a physically demanding environment
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for your chosen trade
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Be able to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday as well as some Saturday Mornings
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of your Apprenticeship
Applicants with a mechanical background in automotive or with heavy machinery will be highly regarded.
With a strong background working with a well-established parent company since 1996, this host company was formed with a focus on cranes; sales, services, and repair facilities. Their inhouse facility caters to accident damage repairs, inspections, paint and panel work, engine rebuilds, water tank constructions, and dolly manufacturing. The company prides itself on the knowledge and experience of its employees and are future focussed and committed to delivering quality results to their customers.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.