- Start your long-term career in the mobile plant and construction industry
- Build your skill-set working with a leading distributor of construction equipment
- Earn while you learn the tools of the trade!
Partnered with our client based in Acacia Ridge, we are looking for a mechanically minded individual looking to undertake their Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology (AUR31216) over the course of a four-year apprenticeship. On a day-to-day basis, you will be mentored by industry professionals whilst undertaking the following duties:
- Repair engines and associated engine components;
- Inspect, service and repair support systems;
- Carry out servicing operations on plant equipment;
- Service and repair hydraulic systems;
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits;
- Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment; and
- Ensure workplace is kept in a clean and tidy condition.
Based in Acacia Ridge, we encourage local candidates to apply.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be mechanically minded and enjoy the process of pulling things apart and putting them back together. Tell us in your cover letter about any experience you have with equipment, even if you just tinker on projects at home, and how this relates to your desire to complete this apprenticeship. We are searching for candidates who have the drive and dedication to see this apprenticeship through to completion. In addition to these qualities, you will:
- Possess a manual driver’s licence;
- Enjoy working as part of a team environment;
- Possess a willingness to learn and take instructions;
- Be reliable and punctual; and
- Be willing to work overtime to get the job done.
Our client is a leading distributor of quality construction equipment and trucks supporting a variety of industries in Australia. They provide specialist repair services to construction equipment and highway trucks and offers and environment tailored to teach and support you on your apprenticeship journey.
To apply, complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job