Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again; or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming Mobile Plant Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mobile Plant Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
You will be taught the ins and outs of repairing, maintaining and servicing a variety of earthmoving machinery, mining equipment, mobile cranes and much more.
This position is located in Rockingham and you will be hosted with Liebherr – a company on an international scale who is one of the world’s largest manufacturer of construction machinery.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and can think outside the box. Working for an employer on an international scale means we need someone who has a strong work ethic, has a passion for the work and is willing to go the extra mile!
- Current drivers licence and reliable transport (Provisional Licence as a minimum)
- Has completed Year 11 or 12 as minimum
- Be willing and committed to completing all requirements and training for this 4 year apprenticeship
Please note: as a requirement for this role you will need to present a handwritten letter (no longer than 2 pages and not typed) on why you would like to work for Liebherr and what you know about the company.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best Mobile Plant Mechanic!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/