- Located in Broome, WA
- Small and supportive team environment
- Variety of exposure to ensure you become an excellent trades-person
Partnered with our client, we are looking for a motivated go-getter looking to secure an apprenticeship to become a trade qualified Plant Mechanic. Over the four years of your apprenticeship, you will be completing your theory coursework and working toward a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (MEM30205)
This full-time position is based at the Broome Power Station and is only available to candidates residing in Broome. The role will be primarily focussed on the application of latest technologies in fault-finding, maintenance and servicing of LNG and diesel powered generators, with exposure to high voltage power plants, and LNG fuel storage and process facilities. There will also be some travel to our remote Power Stations located within the West Kimberley.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys practical and physical work, and who has a genuine interest in learning the trade. You will be motivated, mature minded, reliable and have strong communication skills. You will also be someone who is willing to work with a variety of people and not be afraid to get stuck into the job at hand. In addition to these qualities, you will possess the following requirements:
- Valid driver licence with reliable transport
- Be a reliable team player
- Have excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Enjoy hard work and have good hand skills
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Be able to work efficiently independently and as part of a team
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday (7am – 3.30pm)
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of a traineeship
Energy Developments Pty Ltd (EDL) is an integrated energy company engaged in the development and management of an international portfolio of energy projects, with particular focus on renewable energy sources, remote power station operations, waste coal mine gas projects and liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry.
EDL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
*Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical and background screening prior to commencement with EDL.
Please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.