- Get your career started early
- Earn while you learn
- Local opportunity
Partnered with McLean’s Farm, we are currently looking for outdoor enthusiasts eager to undertake a Certificate III in Poultry Production over 24 months. You will be working one day a week alongside trade professionals who will mentor you and make sure you receive on-the-job training that will provide you with the skills and knowledge to work in Poultry production at a trade level. Working in our brand-new, state of the art facility with automated machines you will be exposed to the latest technological advances.
You will also have the opportunity to work weekends and get paid at penalty rates.
Your role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Feeding and providing water to the birds, ensuring all feeders are working and making repairs if necessary;
- Managing the environment to provide optimal condition for chickens, including ensuring lights are working at the right percentage;
- Ensuring all sheds are inspected daily for any sick or injured birds;
- Maintaining all equipment in working order;
- Cleaning and servicing sheds as required; and
- Reporting any problems that are impacting bird welfare.
Based out of Pittsworth, we encourage local candidates to apply.
Who we’re looking for
We are searching for a motivated individual who loves working outdoors and has a passion for farming. You must be safety-conscious and be able to follow safety and regulation procedures at all times. As this is a 2-year Traineeship, we will value your drive and commitment from commencement to completion of this qualification.
In addition to these qualities, you will:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision while working through tasks;
- Enjoy working within teams;
- Show enthusiasm to learn and improve;
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic; and
- Be honest, focussed and self-motivated.
As a requirement for this role, the successful candidate cannot own or be in continuous contact with birds or pigs.
McLean’s Farm is proudly Australian owned and take pride in producing quality free-range products on their open range farms. They have built a reputation for ensuring Hen welfare and the highest standard of egg quality.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.