Are you a good problem solver, have a natural talent for maths, and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety and have always been drawn to working with plumbing, metal and electrical but can’t decide which is for you? An Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Apprenticeship could be the challenge and variety you’re looking for!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Apprentice while completing your Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration.
THE DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Servicing and maintenance of water and air-cooled chillers
- Assisting with major service and cleaning of heat exchangers
This position is located in Queens Park in Western Australia with a refrigeration and air-conditioning business that provides services to a range of sectors.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is looking for someone who has a demonstrated aptitude for mathematics, is mechanically minded, and has a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field. They are also happy to talk to 2nd or 3rd year apprentices who are looking to complete their trade.
- Driver's licence
- Certificate II in Engineering or Electrotechnology
- Team player
- Inquisitive and mechanically minded
- Tech savvy self-starter
- Passion for the trade
- Flu immunisation
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.