Are you a good problem solver, have a natural talent for maths and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety?
A Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Apprenticeship could be the challenge and variety that you are searching for!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration.
You will be commissioning HVAC systems, repairing and maintaining refrigeration systems in commercial buildings and industrial facilities, and installing items such as compressors, condensers and motors.
This position is located in Welshpool where you will be hosted with one of the largest privately-owned HVAC providers in Western Australia that employs more than 100 people.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Ideally you will have some trade relevant skills, such as a pre-apprenticeship course, work experience or even informal experience (such as tinkering on projects in your spare time). We are needing someone who has initiative, has a good work ethic, and a passion to learn.
- Grade 12 completion
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle due to public transport restrictions
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol test
- Pre-apprenticeship course
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.