Are you a current 2nd Year Refigeration Apprentice? Are you a good problem solver, have a natural talent for maths and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety and have always been drawn to working with plumbing, metal and electrical but can’t decide which is for you? This position could be the one for you!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship (less time credit) will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician and earn your Certificate III in Electrical – Air-conditioning & Refrigeration.
You will learn the ins and outs of monitoring, installing and repairing air-conditioning and refrigeration units. This position is a full-time role, located in Mulgrave VIC and you will be hosted with a company that has over 130 years’ experience within the industry, specialising in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration and who is a leading provider of equipment, controls and services for heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration and security systems.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Long-term/ permanent tradesman opportunity available after completion of apprenticeship! Set yourself up for life with this global leader.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Our host is looking for enthusiastic 2nd Year Refrigeration Apprentice. This employer will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to grow within their business and ultimately branch out and expand their experience within the industry.
Ideally this candidate is a self-starter who is willing to show initiative, have a natural drive for the business, and a strong work ethic. You will have great communication skills, attention to detail and be comfortable in basic service and repair task. We are looking for team players who recognise the importance of collaboration in the workplace. Additionally, you'll need to be able to work independently at times, follow all lawful instructions and show initiative.
Our host is looking for someone who is looking to complete their apprenticeship with a single employer and can provide long term employment opportunities for the right applicant. You will:
- Be driven to succeed and have a genuine interest to learn about the business;
- Need to current and valid driver licence and own transport;
- Be willing to commit to the long term and provide stability with this employer;
- Are a current 2nd Year Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration apprentice with up to date TAFE transcripts
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best apprentice for the job!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/