THE SCHOOL-BASED APPRENTICESHIP
Do you have a knack for computers, or are generally considered by others as a people-person? Are you interested in building a foundation for your future business-orientated career? Get started with a School-Based Business Traineeship!
Undertaking this 12-month traineeship will give you the opportunity to complete your Certificate III in Business while getting paid!
You will learn the ins and outs of the Training Department through your day-to-day tasks such as data entry, word processing and excel spreadsheets. You'll cover how to effectively use Microsoft applications and how to communicate in a professional manner with a variety of stakeholders.
This position is located in Middlemount where you will be hosted with a well-known, global Mining company.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Currently attending high school
- Resides within the Middlemount region
- Demonstrates positivity and willingness to work in a team
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Passing English
- Attention to detail
- High level of safety awareness
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Business Trainee!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.