THE SCHOOL-BASED APPRENTICESHIP
Are you tech-savvy and fascinated by all things electrical? Do you want the chance to work on and understand bigger projects on a mine site? If you have an investigative mind, are a maths whiz with an eye for detail, a School-Based Electrical Apprenticeship could be the one for you!
Undertaking this 12-month School-Based Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to start your career to becoming an Electrician and will have you on your way to gaining your Certificate III in Electrical Fitting.
You will begin to learn the ins and outs of the trade by assisting with tasks such as fault finding, component change-outs, general maintenance and repair, as well as general workshop cleaning on a variety of mine site equipment and machinery.
This position is located in Middlemount and you will be hosted with a well-known, global Mining company.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Currently attending high school
- Resides within the Middlemount region
- Demonstrates positivity and willingness to work in a team
- Committed attitude towards undertaking a school-based apprenticeship with a genuine desire to take up the challenge that comes with this trade
- High level of safety awareness
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Be committed and dedicated to completing this school-based apprenticeship
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Electrician!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.