Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again, or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming a Mobile Plant apprentice could be exactly what you are chasing!
Undertaking this school-based apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mobile Plant Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
You will learn the ins and outs of repairing engines and engine components, inspecting, servicing and repairing support and hydraulic systems, and testing and repairing basic electrical circuits. On a daily basis you’ll be working on heavy duty construction equipment, and also be mentored by trade professionals.
This position is located in Acacia Ridge and you will be hosted with a leading distributor of quality construction equipment and trucks supporting a variety of industries in Australia. They provide specialist repair services to construction equipment, mobile plant equipment and highway trucks.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your apprenticeship with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your mates will get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Start your career with a Host Employer who will provide you comprehensive training and see you to the end of your apprenticeship!
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are searching for a mechanically minded individual who loves the process of pulling things apart and putting them back together again. You will be passionate about pursuing a career with heavy vehicles and mobile plant, and probably spend your spare time at home tinkering on projects.
- Be a current school student with intention to finish Year 12
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Possess a willingness to learn and take instructions
- Be reliable and punctual
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best Mobile Plant mechanic apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/