Are you tech-savvy and are interested in the ever-evolving security industry?
If you have a mechanical aptitude, enjoy problem-solving, have an eye for detail and are comfortable talking to customers then a Security Service Installation Technician Apprenticeship could be perfect for you!
Undertaking this three-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Security Service Technician and earn your ICT30519 Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology.
You will learn how to install, service and maintain alarm systems, locking systems, security monitoring services, access control, video surveillance, and intercom systems in customers premises. You will develop knowledge of electronic security systems, access control, video surveillance, as well as knowledge of fundamental electronic principles and terminating techniques.
The host is based at Taren Point but the work will require travel locally to and from customer premises on a scheduled basis to ensure best practice methods and implement. Join a market leader with great team culture who will provide the opportunity for career development.
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 3 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Government incentive payment applies up to $5000
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working with technology, can follow instructions, isn’t afraid to ask questions, committed, likes problem solving and is a team player.
If you have completed a Certificate II in Electrotechnology and or have some relevant experience that would be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s licence and own car
- Excellent reliability and communication skills
- Good safety and customer service awareness
- Ability to follow instructions and pass a Police Check
If think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Security Service Technician Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.