- Rare opportunity to work with a nationally renowned host
- Earn your trade specialising in cutting edge technology
- Applications closing soon – apply today and don’t miss out.
Partnering with a nationally known host specialising in Security Systems this apprenticeship will be diverse and engaging. Working with cutting-edge technology for some of the biggest name companies in Australia, you have the rare opportunity to learn all aspects of the Security System Industry. During a 4-year apprenticeship you will work your way towards achieving a Certificate III in Security Equipment (UEE31411) through on the job training and mentoring by trade professionals.
No day will be the same as you learn everything from installing data cable and camera systems, right through to programming and servicing security systems remotely via computers. Working on large government projects such as schools, through to large commercial shopping centres, hotels, and public entertainment areas.
Who we’re looking for
If you have a problem solving mindset, a high level of mathematics, and a genuine interest in working in the electrical and technological industry then this is the apprenticeship for you. Advances in security technology mean that no day will be the same, and the large scale of the company contracts mean that you will be exposed to a variety of situations that are new and challenging. If you are passionate and have the drive to provide consistent delivery of customer service and an above and beyond work ethic, then we want to hear from you!
- Have an affinity for computers and keep up to date on the latest tech
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and practical thinking are your strong suit
- Have great hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Be comfortable working in a variety of environments and sometimes challenging conditions
- You have reliable transport to and from work, and either hold or can obtain a current Driver’s Licence (Open/Provisional/Learner)
To proceed through this intake process you will be required to complete and successfully pass a police background check and drug screening test.
PMT is a proudly Australian owned company that provides customised and developed security solutions. Operating since 1979 they have developed a customer service reputation in excellence and are now one of the largest security companies within the Retail, Commercial, and Government Industries. Providing a full suite of electronic and technology-based security solutions, PMT aim to provide the best technical advice while achieving the most commercially sensible solutions.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
Please note that award wages apply for this position and a co-contribution may apply towards the training cost.