Working with cutting-edge technology for some of the biggest name companies in Australia, you have the rare opportunity to learn all aspects of the Security System Industry.
Undertaking this 4-year apprenticeship you will work your way towards achieving a Certificate III in Security Equipment.
No day will be the same as you learn everything from:
- Installing data cable and camera systems
- Installation, recommission, upgrading CCTV, Alarm and Access Control Systems
- Programming and servicing security systems remotely via computers
- Working on large government projects such as schools, through to large commercial shopping centres, hotels, and public entertainment areas.
You will be hosted with an Australian owned company that provides customised and developed security solutions. They are one of the largest security companies within the Retail, Commercial, and Government Industries providing a full suite of electronic and technology-based security solutions.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
If you have a problem solving mindset, a high level of mathematics, and a genuine interest in working in the electrical and technological industry then this is the apprenticeship for you. Advances in security technology mean that no day will be the same, and the large scale of the company contracts mean that you will be exposed to a variety of situations that are new and challenging. If you are passionate and have the drive to provide consistent delivery of customer service and an above and beyond work ethic, then we want to hear from you!
In addition to this the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- P1 licence with own car
- Be comfortable working night shift on some occasions, depending on the project
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Security systems apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/