Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Are you drawn to working with metal and find yourself picturing how things are made and what you would do differently? Becoming a Sheet Metal Fabrication apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified trades person in the fabrication field and earn your Certificate III Engineering Fabrication Trade (Sheet metal).
You develop the skills to mark out, cut, shape and join sheet metal using hand and power tools, or assemble and install sheet metal products such as those used in fitting out large commercial buildings with ducted temperature control systems.
This position is located in Chipping Norton and you will be hosted with a provider of air conditioning ducting equipment for large scale and domestic air conditioning fit outs.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about building a career within the fabrication trade. You will be confident using tools, have mechanical aptitude. Be enthusiastic to learn and able to follow instructions as well as take initiative. You will also be able to demonstrate maturity, respect and a ‘safety first’ attitude within a workshop environment.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Sheet Metal Fabrication Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/