We are seeking a Sheetmetal Apprentice to complete their apprenticeship with our host in Clayton, VIC. The company specialises in the manufacture of large hospitality, kitchen and bakery equipment.
Completing this apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a highly sought-after Sheetmetal Worker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication (Light Sheetmetal).
You will learn all aspects of Sheetmetal fabrication including welding, break press operation, and final assembly of fabricated components.
A day in the life looks like:
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, spin, heat or hammer metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- Heat treat metal parts and components
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by welding, bolting or riveting
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing, filing or bathing them in acid solutions, or by applying protective or decorative coatings
Why choose MIGAS:
- We pay you to learn – You will successfully gain a trade qualification and become a highly sought after tradesperson
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Quality training – We place you with host employers where you will learn from highly skilled tradespeople
- Own vehicle and driver's licence to get to work each day
- Dedication to finishing a 4-year apprenticeship
- Keen interest in the trade with prior hands work experience
- Can-do attitude and commitment to learn
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol test
- Computer literate
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the job and why this opportunity is for you!