Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Are you drawn to working with metal and find yourself picturing how things are made and what you would do differently? Becoming a Sheet Metal Apprentice could be what you are looking for!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified tradesperson in the fabrication field and earn your Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication (Light Sheet Metal).
You will learn all aspects of Sheet Metal fabrication including working with detailed drawings, welding, break press operation, operating hand and machine tools including CNC equipment, and final assembly of fabricated components.
This position is located in Clayton where you will be hosted with a renowned company that manufactures bakery and hospitality equipment.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will finish your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for someone who enjoys technical activities, has a mechanical aptitude, and is passionate about completing an apprenticeship in sheet metal.
- Own vehicle and driver's licence to get to work each day
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good safety awareness
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good Maths, English and computer skills
- Ability to pass a Medical and Drug and Alcohol testing
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Sheet Metal Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/