Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail skills, or maybe perform your own renovations at home? Have you ever painted in your own time, and admired different textures and finishes? Get your career started today with a Surface Coating Traineeship!
Undertaking this three-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Surface Coating Trainee and earn your Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application (MSM30216).
You will get to learn all aspects of Surface Coating including preparing surfaces by removing old paint, filling holes and cracks, smoothing and sealing surfaces. As well as grinding, sanding, applying paints, using brushes, rollers, and sprays, loading paint and mixing paint into spray equipment, setting up abrasive blast equipment for operations and perform other general duties as required.
Our host Civmec has an exciting opportunity available within their workshop located at Tomago, where you will be hosted with a company that pride themselves on being a leading end-to-end provider of specialist heavy engineering and construction services to the energy, resources, infrastructure and marine & defence sectors.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 3 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is ideally looking for someone to start ASAP. Someone who is positive and willing to work hard, understands the importance of safety and isn’t afraid to work long days.
An eye for detail is key, great communication skills and a willingness to listen and learn new skills.
Anyone with previous experience in this trade is advantageous, however not a necessity.
- Driver’s licence
- White card
- Pre-employment medical & drug/alcohol test
- Reliable and completes tasks efficiently
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Surface Coating Traineeship.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website to check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.