- Earn whilst you develop a highly sought after skillset
- Specialise in technology streams on the National Broadband Network
- Become qualified whilst working alongside an industry leader
This is a rare opportunity to obtain practical hands-on experience whilst completing a Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology (ICT30515). Global Rail Australia has proven experience in delivering some of the most exciting projects across a diverse range of service sectors. Our in-house capabilities, our scale and our supply chain partnerships have allowed Global Rail Australia to deliver complex multi-disciplinary projects that make a positive difference to our clients, across the Australian infrastructure industry that we serve.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be mentored by industry professionals in specialised work for a variety of occupation and technology streams, on the National Broadband Network (nbn™).
You will have a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
- Connecting homes and businesses to the NBN network
- Installing network cabling systems
- Identifying faults and testing
- Building racks
- General maintenance
- Working with optical fibre and NBN
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for individuals with a passion for all things telecommunications, and who is dedicated to both learn and grow within this industry. You will be committed to completing practical and theory-based study as part of this traineeship. You will thrive working independently or as part of a team, and love the challenge of multi-tasking and solving technical problems. In addition to these qualities, you will:
- Possess full right to work in Australia
- Have a current driver’s licence
- Strong communication skills
- Be physically fit and not afraid of hard work
- Be punctual, reliable and presentable
- Willing and able to climb up and down heights and small spaces
- Be able to successfully pass pre-employment background checks
Global Rail Australia Pty Ltd is part of the Global Infrastructure Group and is a leading Australian provider of design, construct and commission services for clients across a wide range of engineering and infrastructure industries.
Please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades. Please note that award wages apply for this position.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.