About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Warehouse Storeworker to join Jaybro’s at their warehouse in Laverton North, a western suburb of Melbourne.
For the right candidate, this may become a full-time permanent position. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for and contribute to:
- Physically unloading containers and pallets
- Sorting and scanning cartons
- Maintaining accurate incoming log books
- Picking and packing items, organisation of bulk items
- Operating RF Scanners and completing online training
- Using forklift machinery, if certified to do so
- Ensuring health and safety requirements are met
- Have the desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to perform manual handling duties, including frequent lifting up to 15kgs
- Attention to detail and basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment will be well regarded but not required
- Forklift and LO drivers would be well regarded but not required
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment medical and/or drug & alcohol test
- Be up to date with or willing to get COVID-19 vaccinations
At MIGAS, diversity is more than a pledge; it is the foundation of what we do. We are committed to equality and celebrate diversity in all areas, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. MIGAS promotes a diverse working culture in which everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
- Full-time 2-year contract (with potential to become permanent)
- Competitive remuneration package + superannuation
- Complete a TLI30319 Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations as you work
- Work at Jaybro, officially certified as a great workplace in 2021 by the Global Authority, Great Place to Work®
- Great western suburbs location in Melbourne
- Access to 1:1 mentoring
- Be part of a year of celebrations as MIGAS celebrates our 35th year of operation in 2023
MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees has been operating in Australia since 1988 and has a long history of providing quality employment options.
We employ you and place you with a host organisation. We work with household names like Shell's QGC business, Origin Energy, Austrak, BHP, Bengalla Mining Company, Jaybro, and Roadtek, as well as successful privately owned small businesses.
We have offices and employment opportunities throughout Australia in Brisbane, Queensland, Sydney, New South Wales, Melbourne, Victoria, Adelaide, South Australia, Perth, Western Australia, and more.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the right job for you, apply now.
Simply follow the link to our online application form, select create acct (it takes 30 seconds), and enter your name, email, and phone. Then, add a password. After that, verify you're not a robot. Then, click the link in your inbox (check junk/spam folder). Fill out our online application form (it takes 5-10 minutes). Then, voila - we'll be in touch.
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.