Do you like being always on the go, are you a pro multitasker, and believe that everything has its place? Is working in a close-knit team something that invigorates you? Take your organisational skills to the next level with this Warehousing Traineeship.
Undertaking this two-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to earn your Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations (TLI30319).
You will learn the ins and outs of warehousing and supply chain operations including receiving and dispatching, organising stock, loading, and unloading vehicles and completing packing duties. You will also be learning to do the trade counter duties that includes dealing with customers face to face.
You will be hosted in Eagle Farm by Jaybro who are one of Australia and New Zealand's leading suppliers to the civil construction and infrastructure sector.
There are many avenues for growth in your career with Jaybro and they encourage and assist in personal development with all of their employees.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 2 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Ability to obtain a forklift licence paid by the host after only 6 months of employment!
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our host is looking for an energetic and proactive candidate who is willing to learn and grow within the company. You will need good communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to think on your feet and the confidence to ask questions when required as you will become involved in dealing with both internal and external customers at times.
If you have a forklift licence that is a plus however if you haven't you will have the opportunity to gain one for free during the traineeship.
- Basic computer skills
- Sound maths skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, and a police check
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Warehousing Trainee!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.