Do you like being always on the go, are a pro multi-tasker, and believe that everything has its place? Is working in a close-knit team something that invigorates you? Take your organisational skills to the next level with this Warehousing Traineeship.
Undertaking this two-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to earn your Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations.
You will learn the ins and outs of warehousing and supply chain operations including receiving and dispatching, organising stock, loading and unloading vehicles and completing packing duties. You will also be learning to do the trade counter duties that include some sales and dealing with customers face to face.
This position is located in Eagle Farm where you will be hosted with a leading supplier in the civil construction and infrastructure sector in Australia.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 2 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Ability to obtain a forklift licence paid by the host after only 6-months of employment!
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our host is looking for someone who is energetic, proactive and is willing to learn and grow within the company. You will be required to interact with both internal and external customers so you will need good communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to think on your feet and the confidence to ask questions. Previous stores work would be a plus but not essential.
If you are hardworking, have a positive attitude and are passionate about providing the WOW factor to internal and external customers, then this role could be for you!
- Driver's licence
- Basic Computer skills
- Sound maths skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, and a police check
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Warehousing Trainee.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website to check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.