Do you like being always on the go, are a pro multi-tasker, and believe that everything has its place? Is working in a close-knit team something that invigorates you? Take your organisational skills to the next level with this Warehousing Traineeship.
Undertaking this two-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to earn your Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations (TLI30321).
You will learn the ins and outs of warehousing and supply chain operations including receiving and dispatching, organising of loading/unloading stock, ability to work on de-spooling machine, booking courier service and other general housekeeping of the warehouse.
You will be hosted in Prestons by AKS Distributions. AKS Distributions has been operating successfully in electrical manufacturing in NSW for over 20 years. They specialise in the highest quality oxygen free, plain and tinned copper electrical cable products covering a broad range of industries from, automotive, building, data and instrumentation to security.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 2 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Ability to obtain a forklift licence paid by the host after only 6 months of employment
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our host is looking for someone who is energetic, proactive and is willing to learn and grow within the company. The ideal candidate will be someone who can work in a friendly environment, has good communication skills and will require computer skills for this role.
A forklift licence and a HRWL would be ideal but if you haven't got one you will have the opportunity to gain this during the traineeship.
If you are hardworking, have a positive attitude and are passionate about providing the WOW factor to internal and external customers, then this role could be for you!
- Driver's licence
- Basic computer skills
- Forklift and HRWL licence
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, and a police check
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Warehousing Trainee!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.