Access to digital solutions and technology can help businesses succeed, grow and expand like never before – but where do you start?
This course will help you develop a plan for using digital technologies to achieve business goals. It involves undertaking a basic review of business digital readiness, identifying opportunities and developing an action plan for using digital initiatives in a small business.
It’s designed to set new small business owners, and those planning to start a small business, up for success in a contemporary business landscape.
What you’ll learn
- Review digital assets and the capacity to pursue digital opportunities;
- Research and analyse competitor’s use of digital technologies;
- Research components of a digital strategy;
- Consider how digital options can replace or integrate with non-digital business tools;
- Determine the prioritised actions, timeframes, people and resources required to implement the digital initiatives.
This course is ideal for
- Those who operate a small business and take responsibility for adopting and promoting approaches to improve small business operations;
- Business owners and operators in any industry who want to develop an understanding of how to incorporate digital tools and technologies into their business plans.
This course includes the unit of competency:
- BSBSMB413 Design a digital action plan for small business
Students who choose to complete the course assessment may gain credit towards the nationally accredited BSB30315 Certificate III in Micro Business Operations offered by MiTraining.