Shifting from being ‘one of the team’ to leading the team can be a challenging move. As a supervisor or new manager it’s now up to you to make difficult decisions, give feedback and make sure your crew are doing their best work.
Having the right leadership skills and tools under your belt and tools can make sure you get off to a strong start and rally your team behind you.
What you’ll learn
- How to find your feet when stepping into a supervisory role;
- Tips to lead by example and develop a productive team that gets the job done;
- To handle difficulties between team members, find common ground and move forward;
- About creating goals and objectives to guide your team towards success;
- How to develop a work environment where your team feel heard and valued;
- To make well thought out decisions and implement them with confidence.
This course is ideal for
- Up and coming team members who want to progress into supervisory or management roles;
- New team leaders who have not previously undertaken formal study in management.
This course includes the units of competency:
- BSBLDR402 Lead team effectiveness
Students who choose to complete the course assessment may gain credit towards the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Leadership and Management offered by MiTraining.