Are you after a reliable, entry-level opportunity into a sector that services major industries across Australia? Look no further than warehousing and logistics.
If you’re suited to a hands-on, practical role with long-term career prospects, getting started with a Warehousing Traineeship could be your ideal next step. And you don’t need any prior experience – just completion Year 10, a willingness to work, and a can-do attitude.
By undertaking a Warehouse Traineeship with MIGAS, you’ll be getting a nationally recognised qualification while you learn the ins and outs of warehouse and inventory management, distribution planning and ordering, logistics, and even account management.
The kinds of tasks you’d be undertaking include:
- Cataloguing and labelling items
- Data entry of received delivery slips, requisitions and invoices
- Completing orders by selecting goods, checking off orders and packaging them for despatch
- Managing delivery information and order details for accurate data entry into stock management programs
- Driving a forklift to move heavy items around the warehouse (and have the opportunity to gain your forklift licence)
- Counting and recording the number of items as part of stocktakes
Warehouse trainees are needed in many industries, so you could find yourself working in different areas such as plumbing and construction supplies, retail supply chain products, heavy vehicle equipment, chemical storage, and gas.
MIGAS has a number of job vacancies in warehousing right now, so to get started in your new career, check out our Jobs Board and apply online.