Introduction, Purpose and Scope
MIGAS values and respects an individual's right to privacy and is committed to meeting its legal obligations under Australian Privacy Principles regarding the management and handling of all personal information of all individuals and all personal information will be responsibly and transparently collected and managed (including any transfer of information). This policy applies to all MIGAS employees, including apprentices, trainees and casual employees. This policy also applies to MIGAS agents, suppliers and contractors.
MIGAS values and respects an individual's right to privacy and is committed to meeting its legal obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles regarding the handling and managing personal information of all individuals including candidates and clients. MIGAS governs the collection and management of personal information and have established a system that strives to:
- Ensure that MIGAS comply with the privacy laws;
- Promote an understanding and acceptance of the privacy principles and their objectives;
- Handle complaints received in an efficient and appropriate manner; and
- Monitor and ensure ongoing compliance.
To achieve our privacy principles MIGAS will:
- Ensure that any personal information collected, used and disclosed is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the personal information that MIGAS holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when required by law.
- MIGAS will take all reasonable steps to ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all stages of the employment lifecycle.
Employees have the rights and responsibilities to:
- Respect and observe MIGAS processes around privacy;
- Maintain confidentiality in all business operations;
- Escalate queries to the Human Resources Manager where appropriate.
MIGAS employees must not act or engage in any practice that breaches relevant State, Territory and Commonwealth privacy or data protection legislation in which MIGAS operates.
Breaches of this Policy
17th November 2014