Services for schools
MIGAS works hand in hand with Australian schools in all of our branch regions to ensure students understand and gain opportunities in apprenticeships, traineeships and school-based apprenticeships and traineeships.
Our branch regions include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Hunter Valley and surrounds, Mackay and surrounds, and Rockhampton.
Experienced MIGAS staff are available for:
- Full time apprenticeship and traineeship consultation for Careers Advisers
- School-based apprenticeship and traineeship consultation for Careers Advisers
- Taking expressions of interest from students
- School visits/student talks and presentations on apprenticeship, traineeship and school-based opportunities
- Student advice and preparation days – mock interviews and resume assistance
- Participation in Careers Days
- Many other opportunities for engagement – just call us and ask!
“MIGAS has consistently worked in partnership with the school and provided excellent support in terms of:
- Contacting and working with the school to identify students who are interested in various trade areas, interviewing students and arranging work experience which has given these students the opportunity to find school-based traineeships with local employers
- Establishing an induction process into the trades and ensuring there are clear expectations towards successful course completion
- Making regular contact with students to ensure that they are acquiring solid skilling and making progress towards course completion
- Conducting on-going monitoring of student progress with their RTO and ensuring students remain on task
- Follow-up and liaison with both school and home if any issues arise and to encourage or support the student
- Willingness to attend career days and provide information and pathways for students to enter the trades
Our school has found MIGAS to be a reliable and professional GTO that supports students and carefully monitors their progress towards successful course completion. Knowledge of the trade areas as well as employer expectations and the ability to liaise effectively with schools to assist student access into the trades is of particular benefit to the school. MIGAS also provides students with the prospect of further employment after completing school.”
Dallas Miller (Principal) & Loren Buchanan (HOD Senior Schooling)
Woodcrest State College, Brisbane QLD
Join our email list to have JOB ALERTS sent to your inbox for free fortnightly, for sharing with your students. You can also sign up for the Job Seekers Newsletter to provide your students with resume writing tips, industry and trade advice and much more delivered to you free monthly.
Listen to some of our current apprentices and trainees talk about their experiences on our YouTube channel.
Share these current job vacancies with your students and encourage them to apply for the position that they're interested in.