How do you ensure a safe workplace for apprentices and trainees?
Safety is at the heart of our business and shapes the decisions we make. MIGAS holds certification in ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
In conjunction with our host employer network, we ensure our apprentice and trainee workforce:
- Enjoys a safe and healthy workplace
- Works with safe and considered systems under qualified supervision
- Only uses plant, equipment and substances that are provided in a continually safe and operable condition
- Has access to up to date and relevant safety information
- Participates in a thorough induction and orientation
- Receives ongoing support to Stop, Think, Act and Review safety in their workplace
MIGAS conducts thorough safety risk assessments on all worksites prior to placing apprentices and trainees on-site. We work closely with our host employers to explore practical solutions, and implement safety measures to ensure our employees are entering a safe work environment.
Our aim is to ensure all employees go home to their loved ones at the end of their workday.